3.7.10

A Taste of Home

Today we went to Dearborn to see some friends and we went out for Lebanese food! For those people who didn't know, Dearborn is the Arabic version of Chinatown in the Detroit/Michigan area.
McDonalds even has a sign that says "We're Halal" there's Middle Eastern bakeries, restaurants and super-markets. While we were eating it felt like we were back in the UAE, Lebanese food and Arabic music in the background.. it was really fun!

Something crazy/interesting/weird was something I noticed on our way to Dearborn, there's a bridge that follows the boarder of Detroit and Dearborn the difference is so noticeable, on the Detroit side lots of buildings are burned, windows broken, there aren't a lot of people walking around, graffiti all over everything and lots of debris and trash is strewn about; but on the Dearborn side it's clean, there's lots of people out and it feels a lot safer. I found the drastic change almost eerie.

All day I was also following the World Cup games, I was so happy that Holland beat Brazil, but I couldn't believe that Ghana lost! Penalty shoot-outs is the worst way to decide a winner in my opinion.. But now all of Africa is out. I can't wait to see what happens in the Germany v. Argentina game!

My Family is going to Cedar Point tomorrow with my Aunt, I'm really looking foreword to that! adrenaline rushes all day long!! Hopefully it won't be too crowded even though it's 4th of July weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Kara4.7.10

    ^^ sounds like a lot of fun, interestingg about the Detroit vs dearborn change..

    ReplyDelete