13.7.10

A Trip To the Coast

I can't believe that Paul the Octopus was right. Holland lost the World Cup. I honestly think the final game was one of the worst of the whole tournament, there were 14 yellow cards!! Before the winning goal was scored, the ball should've been in Dutch possession because the Spanish goalkeeper hit the ball, but they got a goal kick instead and if they hadn't had the goal kick, they wouldn't have scored, the game was also more of an acting competition, but thats just the way life -or soccer/football is.

A couple days ago my family and I went to the Oregon coast to visit some old friends. We had a fun time there. The coast is really beautiful, also cold! We went for a long walk along a beach and we had lunch on the beach as well. There was supposed to a cove that you could get to during low-tide but it was high-tide so I, being the only adventurous one, managed to get to it, without getting too wet; but I was rewarded with an abandoned and beautiful beach, unfortunately I had decided not to take my camera (a DSLR) but I had a pretty good point and shoot with me.. Here's some of the pictures I got:






I also climbed up this clifflike rock face to get a good view of the whole beach, unfortunately because there was a lot of loose rock and I was slipping, the panorama didn't turn out extremely good, but here it is anyway:


I'm going to be off to have an awesome time at a cottage near Bend, Oregon. There's no internet there, but I may write something and post it later, but I'll be gone, fly-fishing and boating and biking for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment