7.7.10

Thoughts on a Plane

Today is the 4th of July.. Happy Independence Day. Yay.. [it was actually the 5th.]
Dang. I forgot about Canada day (which was on July 1st) but that shows you how little I consider myself to be Canadian or American for that matter. I'd say I'm mostly American/Canadian by passport only.. which is funny because in some places you can get a passport by owning land or just investing money and besides almost anyone can become an Canadian. Well.. I could ramble all day about citizenship and passports and how I don't know where I'm from.


I'm bored.. this plane ride is like 3 and a half hours long and I really don't feel like sitting and doing nothing. There's internet but checking Facebook or reading articles on Wired or Lifehacker isn't worth $15 and my battery isn't fully charged, so even though I'd have internet for the whole flight, only part of the time would I even be able to use it.  [I thought it'd be cool to write what ever comes to mind and then share those thoughts with the world on my blog.]



Hmm.. the stewardess is going to ask me what I would like to drink soon. Last flight I had a cran-apple.. which was wayy to sweet. I think I'll go for a tomato juice or something salty and not too sweet. My tomato juice has almost 50% of the recomended amount of sodium.
No pretzels or peanuts or anything of the sort on this flight. American Airlines is seriously slipping down on my list of decent airlines, even Delta gave me 2 tiny bags of peanuts on a 1 hour flight.. American does offer you the option of buying some snacks but they don't accept cash, only credit cards, that reminds me, now you can use credit cards with vending machines and newspaper machines, maybe thats not really something new, but they're new to me.

Oh geez.. the guy in front of me just put his seat back all the way, the person behind me is pushing on my seat and now my laptop is falling off my tray, my arms are sticking into the aisle and the guy next to me, who is also being squashed. Sitting at the back of the plane is also not a good idea.. I can barely hear anything over the roar of the engines. [it wasn't the best flight ever.. but it wasn't the worse either, good thing writing doesn't use much battery or I would've been so bored]


-I think I'm gonna change my font.. I like Helvetica. 


So I'm in Hillsboro, Oregon now.. with my Aunt and Uncle out here. I went to the library yesterday.. Libraries are seriously awesome! I even found a John Grisham book I hadn't read before. I also went for a morning run today.. something I couldn't really do in the UAE unless I got up at like 5 or it'd already be in the 90s and climbing, so I really didn't like it because I hate getting up early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment