5.8.10

Lots of things going on..

So this last week I did a lot.. It was my last week here in beautiful Oregon. First we went to the Art Gallery in Portland, one of their main exhibits was the entire book of Genesis (from the Bible) in graphic novel form.. I don't want to say "comic book" because it's more illustrated than cartoonish.. It really portrays the book of Genesis without leaving anything out.

On our way to the gallery we passed an organic food market which is where we had a very tasty lunch, after that we just walked around Portland.. we went to the river, then to a main square. Something totally different was passing this group of 20somethings sitting on the sidewalk smoking weed, right in downtown Portland with lots of people around.. You'd be executed or jailed/deported if you were caught even possessing drugs in the UAE. Portland is a very interesting and fun city.. Im sure it has "dangerous" spots.. but from what I've seen it's cool!

After our venture into Portland we went for a hike. The hike itself was a complete failure only because we didn't end up at the lake we were hoping to end up at, we couldn't find the trailhead or a trail for that matter, so we tromped through the wilderness going almost straight up. The hike wasn't a complete failure because we did get a good view and it was fun. We then headed off to a river, it was more creek sized where we were.. but I got 3 good sized 11-12 inch rainbow trout, one got off the line it was strung on.. but otherwise they were very tasty. That was the last of my adventures in Oregon. The trip back to Windsor was uneventful, besides the fact that I forgot my backpack in Oregon and my Aunt had to mail it.

On August 1st, we celebrated Swiss National Day with a cheese & wine evening gathering. Some yummy cheese and good wine. Today (August 4th) I went with my sister to a piercing/tattoo parlor and we both got a cartilage piercing. (It was kinda like a brother-sister thing before I go to boarding school and before she leaves) It didn't hurt nearly as bad as I thought it would! I saw Inception, I was impressed but not amazed.. It was a good movie but it wasn't like mind-blowing for me.. I was hoping it would be, I had heard soo many people talking about it. Tomorrow we're going on a road trip.. Windsor Ontario, to Pennsylvania.. it's gonna be like a 14 hour drive. After that we spend a couple of days in Pennsylvania then we go to New York (state) and then Amherstburg and then Windsor, for a couple more days.. then the real adventure begins!

So I changed the layout/look of the blog.. I didn't like the old one that much. Hope you guys like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment