12.6.10

And so the journey begins..

Yesterday, I left the UAE and I started the adventure of boarding school. I flew from the UAE to Frankfurt, Germany; after waiting around for 7 hours, in which I drew, read and wrote mostly.. The thing that drove me crazy was watching the same exact news-cast over and over agian.

I then flew to Detroit, Michigan. I flew Luftansa, I thought it was decent, besides the okay entertainment system, which consists of 2-3 newish movies, 3+ forigen movies, 2-3 old movies and a selection of random TV shows. Thankfully, I was so tired that on my first flight I slept for most of the 8 hour flight, something I don't normaly do..
My second one, a 9 hour flight was worse because I didn't sleep and didn't do anything particularly interesting the whole flight.. except get some food on my favorite sweatshirt. While contemplating the lack of entertainment on the plane, I realised how dependent we are on entertainment.. I should be thankful that I'm not taking a 3 week boat trip to America!!

I am now at my Aunts house in Michigan. Tomorrow I head out for Kansas-City, Missouri, where I'll be for a couple weeks. Then I come back to Detroit where I'll meet-up with the rest of my family and continue my summer vacation, which will include going to Canada to visit relatives there and then Oregon, after that we'll be driving from Michigan to Pennsilvania and NY and at the end of my Summer comes the dawn of a new age for me, boarding school in Germany. I think by the time this Summer ends, I wont want to travel much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment